The poker hands are the most basic thing you should know about how to play poker. The only thing that makes the player win the poker game is to get the perfect combination of five cards known as the poker hands. However, there are rules to follow in these hands of five cards, which depend on the variant of poker game that is being played.
Despite of the fact that there are many variants of poker, there is also a common or the standard hand ranking system that applicable to these variants. With careful comparison of the player’s cards, this standard is used in order to determine the winner. Each deal, when a player has the highest hang ranking, he wins the game.
With a clear rule in determining the highest point of a game, this poker hand ranking system has been used by other card games.
Playing poker is playing five cards in a hand. With different variations you can create in one a deal, there are general rules about this hand-ranking system that would help determine the winner.
1. Straight flush – if you will be able to create a sequence of five cards with the same suit, then you win. This sequence is either in decreasing or increasing manner. However, of one of the players have created same sequence with you, then you will determine the winner by simply getting the highest number of cards, just like saying that 10, 9, 8, 7, and 6 defeats 9,8,7,6, and 5. If you will be able to get the combination of Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10 sequences of the same suit then you just hit the royal flush, meaning the highest rank of all.
2. Four of a kind – this is a combination of four cards with the different suits present and 1 unmatched. This combination is called the quad. In some poker games like the Texas Poker, there is a possibility that two players can get this combination. Therefore, the unmatched one of the one referred as a kicker determines the winner. The card with lower number loses the game.
3. Full House – this is a three combination of cards of the same rank (means a number or icon), and one pair of one rank. To determine the winner if two players get the full house hand, then the highest number of rank wins.
4. Flush – in this combination, sequence does not matter. As long as you get the same suits either in descending or ascending rank, then you will get a flush. The first thing to look in determining the winner of two players having flushes is the first high number of their combinations. If they have the same highest rank, then the second rank would be the determining factor.
5. Straight – if the player was able to get a sequence of ranks disregarding the suits, then he wins. The highest ranks will be declared as winner. However, in this sequence, if two players get the same ranks, then they it is a draw.
There are other poker hand combinations and these five are just a few of them. Knowing how to play poker is very fun and challenging.